I hope that you will come out to Abner Clay Park (Jackson Ward) tomorrow afternoon, 1 PM – 4 PM, for Art 180’s Really Big Show!
Details from Art 180:
The Really BIG Show, our BIGGEST celebration of young people in Richmond. Tomorrow, Saturday, May 16, from 1-4 p.m., you’ll get to meet our young artists from each of the 12 spring program sites and participate in an art activity with them from sculpting to fabric painting and singalong songs to poetry. Beginning at 1:30 p.m. you’ll get to see presentations from each group.
But that’s not all. We’ve folded in elements of the Jonny Z Festival to make this a super extravaganza.
• DJ Graybeard of WRIR’s “The Other Black Music”
• Hula hoops and magic bubble wands
• Some food trucks, including King of Pops! The weather’s going to be perfect for a refreshing, handmade popsicle.
• A printmaking activity facilitated by Studio Two Three
• The Bizarre Market featuring handmade local crafts featuring vendors like:
o Rare Bird jewelry
o Mac’s Smack natural skin care
o Love This airstream sustainable gift shop
o Movie poster redesigns by Adam Juresko
o Clothing and accessories by Angela Bacskocky
o Leather goods by Ahmad Karimi–and more.
• Even a $1 raffle where you get win prizes from local businesses.